Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Photography Class

So right now I'm taking one photography class at WSP in Bethesda, near DC. Its a year long school, with many different courses through out the year. My class right now is just Basic Composition. But I want to share with you my assignments week to week. So Ive decided to post all... well most of my images every Tuesday. I would like any ones feedback, good and bad. I know that you can't comment unless you have a blog site profile for yourself. But maybe that will get you going, its really easy and I would love to hear from more people. But there's always email if you feel like dropping me a line.

My first assignment was using four different rules of Composition....
RULE OF THIRDS.....
REPETITION OF SHAPES....
my favorite one... I know its just the sidewalk but I really appeals to me with the contrast and texture.

CHANGING YOUR PERSPECTIVE....

FILLING THE FRAME.... Had a little trouble with this one. I automatically do this already compared to a new photography student. So I don't think about it when I shoot, so picking images was hard since most fell into this category. I pulled a few from Caitys wedding that I already posted.

3 comments:

Sarah and David said...

Erin,
These are great!! I really love the shadow on the door, the nail, the buckets, the windows...i guess i like the inanimate objects. But they are all great!! I think the shadow is the coolest...I want to hang this on our wall...:)
Hope all is well and keep the pictures coming! I know...I need to do the same.
-Sarah

Al said...

Sweetie I love the pics! I just want you to know that I am so proud of you for expanding your horizons and going to school. You are so talented and your education will be the icing on the cake. I will look forward to your pictures from school each week and mostly I look forward to watching you grow into a wonderful savvy career woman!

Anonymous said...

Erin,

Dad and I just looked at all the pictures for class, OMG! I really loved some and then not-so-much some others. Your choice of subjects is wonderful...you have a sharp eye for patterns and angles, composition is your strongest talent. I loved the camera shot, a money maker for sure! Dad loved the full grill shot of the automobile! The one of the fire escape was my least favorite, it seemed to be missing the "intensity" of your other shots. Maybe it was too "spread out" not "tight". The churchs were great...loved the one with the tree to the left and the gate to the right. Your fish-eye lense does some interesting things to the simplest of subjects...they must be very impressed with you in your basic photography class! I want a copy of everyone of them!
You know Dad...he's telling me I write too much, Oh Daaaaaaaaaaaad.