Monday, July 13, 2009

Road Trip!

Moose and I piled into my trusty Toyota and drove to Poneto, IN. My BFF, Kristy was up from Florida visiting her parents with her 2 boys. I thought it would be a pretty good drive.... 9 hrs. So off we went. We were doing pretty well until we hit 10 miles outside of Columbus, Ohio. They shut down the hwy going both directions during rush hr. I sat on a two lane I70 for 2 hrs before I went 4 miles to the next exit where the were detouring all traffic 10 blocks down. Poor moose was so hot.... I brought him into the cab but only the front seat was available, and his fat butt wouldn't fit. The poor guy had his front legs on the floor and his neck in a very uncomfortable angle but we didn't have any other options. After 12 hrs on the road we made it! Sammy and Buddy were there to greet him at Kristy parents farm, and all was forgotten. They had a man made pond that he swam around in, I had trouble getting him out. It was really funny when I went in with him and he was constantly coming into save me. Thanks Linda and Ken for taking care of him while Kristy and I were workin the streets ;)
This trip ended up being an antiquing trip, building my photography prop supply and then we photographed the boys of course. Those will come laters.... Kristy and I had a great time scouring GW, garage sales, and a flea market. I picked up some really cool stuff.... u will see them pop up in future pics to come. And kristy really built her hooter collection... I miss Cleo! Plus always a cool bonus to see that Amish horse drawn buggies.... this one was tied up so I took a shot, I don't like to photograph them.... like a a wierd tourist.But when we were shoppin we werent hanging out at the farm. They live on a beautiful 80 acre corn field farm. Kristy thinks she got chiggers from the corn field... dirty girl!


Hanging out on the porch on a mild summer day... shootin the breeze with Kristy's fam... her brother came by with a mini-moose. I almost went and got another puppy cuz her was just like moosie and so so cute! But like I need another dog right now!


We were gonna go to a tractor pull that Ken was entered into but the rain delayed it and I had to leave the next day..... big bummer! Ken rebuilds old custom Farmalls, Kristy use to compete also when she was in HS. It was fun watching drive around and they let me try also.



I had an absolute blast and truely wished we lived closer to each other.... right now we are crossing our fingers for Ft. Knox this fall for their PCS. That would bring us a little closer and we will end up in that much more trouble!

Kristy... my kindred spirit. My tat sista... I luv u tons and miss u already!



No comments: