World War II Memorial.... this was a huge memorial with all the indivual states named on the columns....not sure why. And gold stars at the end of the memorial... again not sure what they stood for.... guess I need to do some research.
It reads.... HERE WE MARK THE PRICE OF FREEDOM. the gold stars behind.

The Vietnam Memorial Wall.... we couldn't help but be speechless while walking by.
The Lincoln Memorial... It was amazing in its grand size.

I was standing on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial looking behind me to the reflecting pool and the Washington Monument sticking out at the end...if u squint
One of the newest memorial for the Nurses of all our wars...

This was a along side or the Korean War Memorial.... beautiful trees surrounded this wall.





John F Kennedy & Jackie O grave site.... there was a flame lite on top



2 comments:
What beautiful pictures. I'm glad that the end of your trip turned out okay! Probably is great to be home and feel healthy and have your sister out. Looks like you guys are having a blast exploring the east coast. Nick and I still talk about how lame we are that we didn't even make it to DC while we were there. Just no time and we were saving to buy a house (which was worth it!). Your house looks beautiful, by the way. Let me know what your holiday plans are.
Love you!
I am jealous! Looks like an awesome trip! I am glad you cute sis made it out, I hope you guys had a blast! Oh did you finish the book?!?!?!
Post a Comment